Developed and vetted by middle and high school educators and administrators over a five-year period, our curriculum positively counters the pro-drug message bombarding today’s youth and effectively increases their likelihood to make positive drug-free choices.
The curriculum is film-based, educational and easy-to-use. It provides middle school and high school students with information on alcohol and other drug facts, refusal skills, positive prevention skills, goal-setting strategies and information necessary to make a drug-free commitment.
- Designed by and for high school educators
- Fits easily into any classroom period (each module is 10-15 minutes long)
- 15-20 hours of instruction
- Everything included, from preparation lists to handouts to conversation starters
We have done all the research and necessary work to make this easy for educators to launch a successful alcohol and drug awareness campaign in the classroom.
Students will know:
- Physical and mental effects of substance abuse
- The body’s process for breaking down alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Definitions and slang terminology of various drugs
- Physical, mental, emotional reasons for alcohol, tobacco and other drug use
- Resources available in the community to help with substance abuse issues
- Effective refusal skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- Effective persuasion and advocacy skills
- Effective goal-setting strategies
- Positive coping skills
Students will be able to:
- Analyze healthy alternatives to substance use
- Predict the potential effects of an individual’s substance abuse on others
- Analyze the consequences of using alcohol and other drugs
- Demonstrate effective persuasion skills that encourage friends and family to not use alcohol or other drugs
- Describe the harmful effects of binge drinking
- Evaluate strategies for managing the impact of internal and external influences on alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use
- Describe the financial, political, social, and legal influences on the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Develop a personal plan to improve health by staying free of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Make a personal commitment to avoid situations that put a person at risk due to the presence of alcohol and other drugs
- Predict how a drug-free lifestyle supports the achievement of short-and long-term goals
Contact us for more information about integrating this curriculum into your classroom.